Saturday, February 9, 2019

Better Day, Better Flight

When I flew in to Lakeview OR a couple of days ago I was lucky. Rain, snow, low ceiling and reduced visibility all conspired to make my arrival a real cliff hanger. Today was better.

Lakeview to Brandon OR S05 under cold but clear conditions.




Cranking up for the 200nm flight. It's zero degrees C and I'll need 10K feet to clear the mountains between me and the coast.


Nice to be able to see the scenery though. When I flew in vis was only 2 1/2 miles.

I read the briefing in Active Sky this time (I admit, for the first time ever) and things look good for the flight.




This and next two. Scenes along the route. Cold and clear. At ten thousand feet the OAT was -10* C and the cockpit heat was wide open.






Here we are. Not sure if you can see the PAPI lights out there yet.



After my last flight the one was calm and clear, just like the weather. Glad for it too.

The trip continues...

No comments: